If the ice box includes a water and ice dispenser function, and sometimes even simply an installed ice maker, a water supply valve is needed to get a handle on water getting into the applying. The supply valve is generally situated in the rear that is bottom of fridge behind an access panel. The homeвЂ™s water supply usually travels through copper tubing connected to the valve inlet slot.
The supply valve is an electrically-control component with inlet and socket water ports and something or even more solenoids.
whenever signaled by a control board, the solenoid or solenoids will available to enable water to enter an inlet hose which directs the water via an optional water filter to your dispenser and/or to an ice maker tray fill tube. With time, the solenoids can fail or calcium deposits can establish within the valve producing an obstruction, causing the ice manufacturer not able to create ice and restricted, or no, water taken from the dispenser as soon as the lever is pushed. Since water supply valves is not effortlessly washed or fixed, a malfunctioning valve should be changed having a brand new one.
Just how to change a faulty water supply valve
- Unplug the power cord that is refrigeratorвЂ™s.
- Shut the water supply off to your ice box.
- Pull the ice box far from the wall surface.
- Unthread the screws to eliminate the reduced access panel that is rear. Take note, you may want to detach the copper tubing or water that is incoming through the inlet valve slot before you fully get rid of the panel.
- Detach the water that is incoming through the water supply valve inlet slot for those who havenвЂ™t done this currently.
- Unthread the screws to discharge water supply valve mounting bracket or plate from the refrigerator framework.
- Disconnect the cable connecter or connecters through the terminals that are solenoid.
- Then depress the retaining rings to detach the outlet hose or hoses from the valve ports if applicable, slide out any locking clips. Be ready for some water to spill.
- If necessary, get rid of the old water supply valve through the mounting dish or bracket.
- Install the new water supply valve by aligning it regarding the mounting dish or bracket if required.
- Fully place the hose or hoses to the socket ports and, if needed, fall in the locking clip or videos to secure.
- Link the cable connecter or connecter to your solenoid terminals.
- Position the mounting dish or bracket from the refrigerator thread and frame the screws to secure.
- Realign the access panel and secure it with all the screws.
- Attach the incoming water line towards the valveвЂ™s inlet port. Then use a wrench to tighten if the water is being supplied through copper tubing, hand-thread the tubingвЂ™s compression nut onto the inlet port. Avoid overtightening or perhaps you may harm the tubing.
- Go the ice box right back resistant to the wall surface.
- Turn water supply right back on.
- Plug the refrigeratorвЂ™s cord back in.
- Switch on the ice manufacturer or run water through the dispenser to verify the brand new supply valve is working precisely and there are not any leakages.
Discover the right water supply valve with fix Clinic
Since water supply valves vary with regards to the ice box model, it is essential to spot the valve that is exact fits your fridge. To work on this, go into the complete model amount of the applying when you look at the fix Clinic search club, then select вЂњValve & FloatвЂќ through the component category filter on the left region of the web web page to get the part that is matching. Fix Clinic stocks water supply valves for all the top brand name fridges, including Frigidaire, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, and LG, but youвЂ™ll would you like to make sure youвЂ™re purchasing the specific valve that matches your model.